Para a carreira é tão importante saber lidar com as pessoas quanto ser competente. Aqui temos algumas dicas para melhorar sua habilidades interpessoais.
10 helpful tips to your interpersonal skills:
1. Smile: do your best to be friendly with your co-workers. Keep a positive attitude about work and about life. Smile often.
2. Be appreciative: find one positive thing about everyone you work with and let them hear it. They’ll want to give you their best!
3. Pay attention to others: observe what’s going on in other people’s lives. Be sympathetic. Make eye contact and call people by their first names. Ask others for their opinions.
4. Practice active listening: say in your own words what the other person has said. They will know that you understood their meaning and they will be happy that you’ve listened to them.
5. Bring people together: create an environment that encourages others to work together. Treat everyone equally, and don’t play favorites. Avoid talking about others behind their backs.
6. Resolve conflicts: learn how to be a mediator if there are personal or professional disagreements in which you can help. You will gain respect and admiration from those around you.
7. Communicate clearly: pay close attention to both what you say and how you say it.
8. Humor them: don’t be afraid of being funny or clever. Use your sense of humor as an effective tool to lower barriers and get people’s affection.
9. See it from their side: empathy means being able to put yourself in someone else’s place and understand how they feel.
10. Don’t complain: there is nothing worse than a chronic complainer . If you simply have to complain about something, save it for your diary.
Texto adaptado para propósitos pedagógicos. Pode ser visualizado na íntegra no link descrito pela fonte.